Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hajj

http://thetinypilgrim.tumblr.com

As soon as my mother and I got home from our summer in Kashmir I was going through an old drawer of special things so I could add to it, and I found an old 3-D viewfinder with slides of the Hajj. I can’t remember where I got it but it is one of the most beautiful things in the drawer, along with my 3-D viewfinder of dinosaurs, and my illustrated book about birds. It was not until a few weeks later that my father announced that he would be taking my mother for the Hajj and my brother suggested that I go with them and I agreed that I should go because I had a dream about it a few months before, and also several daydreams after I found that old viewfinder.

We left for Medina on October 24th, 2011 and completed the pilgrimage on November 7th, 2011.

2 comments:

assurance maroc said...

i like this post..thank you soo much

Anonymous said...

Salaam Shifa,,,, this Hajj blog brought me so many memories of that precious time. I really miss that time and wished if I was more prepared for that special moment of my life.
Farah Anees